Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wonder Boys - Michael Chabon

Rating: 3 stars
Shelf: Now Reading

Firstly, I realize I completely skipped over reviewing The Mysterious Benedict Society. Don't worry, my trusty followers, (You know, those of you that I forced to follow me...) I'll have the review up soon. I wrote it in my notebook, then I changed bags, then I changed bags again, then the LIRR overcharged me for my ticket. You know how it goes.

My review:

There is some sort of snooty aspect to this book that makes me feel as though stating that I didn't really enjoy it means stating that I didn't really "get" it. I get it. At least I think I do. A pot addled writing professor can't seem to finish his mammoth manuscript for his magnum opus - Wonder Boys, which turns out to be hugely symbolic of his failure at life. And once he lets go, he's free.

There's also a tuba.

Purchase Now from Amazon:  Wonder Boys: A Novel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...