Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Reading and Writing

I'm attempting to write 1000 words per day. It isn't quite as cumbersome as NaNoWriMo's 1667 words per day. I can easily fit 1000 into my 3 hour evenings, and I might even have some extra time to finally use my Rosetta Stone and teach myself Russian. (Leo Tolstoy here I come!)

So far, I have about 1500 words. My cousins will be here in about a half an hour to make Christmas snowflakes, so that gives me just enough time for 500 more words - unless I allow Battlestar Galactica to completely distract me. I write better with noise! But Starbuck is pretty much my best friend, and it's the episode where she crash lands on that moon! The next few episodes are some of my favorites. She reconfigures that Cylon and makes it fly for her! Everyone thinks she's dead, but she isn't!

Anyway.

Someone passed along this e-mail at work. I guess a bunch of authors and editors are partaking in this big Twitter hashtag - Santa's Book Bag - where they'll choose one book for each day from December 1 to December 24. It can be one of their own or a colleagues. It's a way to promote their books and to remind people that books make good presents too! (Although if you were at Christmas in my house about 13 years ago, the time my brother took one look at the packaging, exclaimed 'stinking book' and threw it, you wouldn't think so. He's a book friend now though.)

Anyway. Again.

I think I'm going to do that. I'm not promoting anything except reading for the greater good. I might even start before December 1. Depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...