Saturday, August 21, 2010

What I'm Reading Weekly Roundup

In Blogs

Pencil Sharpening
Where do you write? I write in my big sofa chair or in my bed. I used to have dreams of a writing studio, but truth is, I hate sitting at desks.
Literary Classic Posters so many things I want to spend money on.
Emma Thompson to pen a Beatrix Potter book?
A Decline in Glowy Magic
Backward. I Read
26 Ways to Prevent Summer Reading the best way though, would be to refuse the parents who show up at the information desk demanding booksellers go find all the books on their list instead of shopping.
Beta (and Alpha) Readers I've always been so against having people read what I'm writing until I finish. The problem is, I never finish anything. I'm tempted to trust a few people with my first 3 chapters. See if they love my characters as much as I do.
A Brief History of Time (Covers)
Tales Before Bed super cute!
Pseudonym I need one of these. Not Hemingway Heroine either. A name that I wish I'd never picked for myself. But seriously - my last name is not even pronounceable. How am I ever going to get published with it?
All I have to say is BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Eeyore-AT-AT I am such a NERD


Mockingjay Excitement

YALSA is excited
Disgruntled Bear is excited
Collecting Children's Books is excited
David Maybury is excited

And me! I'm excited too! And seriously considering how cool a Mockingjay tattoo would look on my ankle...

In Books

Raven - Tim Reiterman
A.H.W.O.S.G. - Dave Eggers
Eternity to Here - Sean Carroll

In The Pile

The Maze Runner
- James Dashner
Purge - Sarah Darer Littman
The Eyes of the Dragon - Stephen King
Into the Land of the Unicorns - Bruce Coville
Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi
Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
On Writing - Stephen King

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...