Thursday, October 21, 2010

Writing Update

Trying desperately to get Chapter 3 done before this weekend. I keep saying that and it shouldn't be this hard. Kitten-sitting last week made it impossible to write as Francie didn't quite understand why I'd want to pet the computer instead of her. I did try though. Got in a paragraph here and there whenever she found her tail more amusing than my hands.

Chapter 1 -The House - 3,496
Chapter 2 - The Lot - 5,198
Chapter 3 - Christmas Eve - 4,309

Total: 13,003

I still haven't hit the reason for Chapter 3's existence so - I'll probably run closer to 6,000 words on that chapter.

I'm going to attempt NaNoWriMo again this year. I read the rules and it says you can't work on something you've already been working on, but I'm not going to follow that rule. I won't count my 13,000 words towards my final count - that I can promise. But I don't want to work on something else and I need help focusing on writing more than not writing. And I want to make writer friends in New York City!

2 comments:

  1. Kitten sitting! That sounds like so much fun. I miss having a kitten. Sounds like you're making good progress on your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! I hope I am anyway - this is the first project I've felt really good about. I just wish I had more time to write. AKA - I wish I knew how to discipline myself!

    Anyway - kitten sitting was AWESOME and completely EXHAUSTING. If I do eventually adopt my own, it's going to be over 1 year old.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...