Friday, December 24, 2010

A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - Dave Eggers

Rating: 3.5 stars
Shelf: Now Reading


Eggers is a fantastic writer. Both humorous and deep. I laughed just about as much as I cried. I mean, I didn't really cry - but AHWOSG was heavy enough to make my heart hurt. And there were moments that... I was laughing at the same time my heart was hurting. Because that's life, you know? And Eggers presents life - his life - perfectly.

Still, because it was so heavy at times, I had a hard time getting through it. And unlike Raven (which was so heavy it took me over a year to finish), there wasn't anything about it that affected me deeply enough to stay with me for weeks (or months, in Raven's case) on end.

Purchase Now from Amazon:  A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...