Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Lion Among Men - Gregory Maguire

Rating: 1 stars
Shelf: Reading Now

I struggled with whether or not I should finish this book. I'd read so much that it seemed, how could I not finish? Can I even review it if I don't finish? A friend told me I could review it, but I'd have to let all of you know that the book was so horrible I couldn't find it in me to finish it.

This was incredibly disappointing because I absolutely LOVED both Wicked and Son of a Witch. But this was... it wasn't even written in the same tone. It didn't hold any of the same magic as the first two. It's sole purpose for existing seemed to be to explain whatever gaps existed in the first two books - but I didn't need any of that. I wasn't curious. The "gaps" were intentional and added a sense of literary mystery to the books.

In short, I wish A Lion Among Men had never been born.

Purchase Now from Amazon: A Lion Among Men (The Wicked Years, Book 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...