Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Song of Ice and Fire Series Continues - FINALLY!

Okay - okay! I have to calm myself down right now, because I just saw this on Omnivoracious:

George R.R. Martin fans, take note: A Dance with Dragons, the newest book in his A Song of Ice and Fire series, will publish on July 12. It's over 1000 pages long and six years in the making -- the previous book, A Feast for Crows, published in October of 2007--and according to Martin's official website, he's still tinkering with A Dance with Dragons. But he assures everyone that the publication date is firm: "Barring tsunamis, general strikes, world wars, or asteroid strikes, you will have the novel in your hands on July 12."
Oh my god, you guys! THE NEXT BOOK IS COMING OUT! So that means - HBO series due out in April followed by the next book in the series, oh my!

Actually, I haven't read A Feast for Crows yet, because I didn't want to be finished with the series and have nothing but a bleak future of promises from Mr. Martin. Running out to purchase that one and gobble it up before A Dance with Dragons comes out. Hrm - since I re-read Game of Thrones recently - perhaps I'll just re-read the entire series this year?

Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...