Tuesday, August 23, 2011

How to Really Lose Weight Without Dieting - Anne Lyken-Garner

I'm going to do something a little different.

Recently, I started really caring about what I eat. Or, trying to care, anyway. I'm a bit of a compulsive eater, with good intentions that I throw to the wind as soon as I see pizza, icecream, chicken wings, cake. But, I went through food bootcamp with a friend who taught me about buying a lot of good types of food - kicking out the HFCs and opting for all natural, corn-fed - healthy.

Then, I met Anne via Blog-Jog Day and she asked if I would like to review one of her books. She blogs on A Blogger's Books and The Relationship Supermarket. I just recieved How to Really Lose Weight Without Dieting from her - it couldn't be more perfect timing.

The book is a program and so, in order to really review this book, I'm going to follow the program week by week and update you all on my progress. I'll give a brief review of the chapter(s), just enough to give you an idea of what I'm doing but not enough to give away the essentials of the program. I'll even update you on my weight and waist size, something a girl rarely ever does.

The first step is to start a journal. THIS will be my journal. I'll post the first round-up of journal entries this Friday.

It's going to get really real up in here.

Purchase Now from Amazon:  How To Really Lose Weight Without Dieting

6 comments:

  1. Good idea, I look forward to you getting real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Henry KillingerAugust 24, 2011 at 1:31 PM

    Go Paleo and never look back!

    Follow this link for the complete explanation:

    http://www.fitbomb.com/p/why-i-eat-paleo.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating paleo is certainly an interesting idea and something I might look into in the future, as I change the foods I buy and the way I eat. But for the purposes of this review - I'll be following Anne's book to the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I look forward to tracking your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I will check out your progress and review of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely lost your links and contacts. I had a computer crash and forgot your details completely - including your website details and last name! I've searched around the Internet and just found a paper with your last name on it (a jotting) and here I am. So sorry about being missing in action. I'm going to follow your posts, starting here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...