Wednesday, July 18, 2012

30-Day Book Challenge - Day 13

Day 13 - Your Favorite Writer



The papa. Ernest Hemingway. Funnily enough, I didn't really care for Hemingway at first. Mostly because I was obsessed with 10 Things I Hate About You and wanted to have all of the same opinions that Kat had. I read For Whom the Bell Tolls, which I really thought was full of Hemingway chauvinism. Then, my senior year of high school my teacher assigned an research paper and presentation - we had to read several books by same author, write about them, and then give a 30 minute presentation on their life and works. I picked Hemingway because I thought I could a serious critical analysis, and learned to love the man. That's the best sort of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...