Monday, December 12, 2011

Top Ten Books for 2011

I wish I had read more this year. It's my goal for next year to read more. And get some quality non-fiction in. Not just celebrity memoirs. Surprising though, for the so few books that I've read, there are three books that I read this year that stand out as clear favorites. I'm going to have a hard time choosing which one is the ultimate favorite of 2011. And books 9 - 5 are also pretty equally seeded.  But, I'll give it a go:

10. The Elephant to Hollywood - Michael Caine
9.  The Invention of Hugo Cabret - Brian Selznick
8. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
7. The Jane Austen Book Club - Karen Joy Fowler
6. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
5. Life Among the Savages - Shirley Jackson
4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society - Mary Ann Schaffer & Annie Barrows
3. Of Mice & Men - John Steinbeck
2. A Northern Light - Jennifer Donnelly
1. Geek Love - Katherine Dunn

It was so hard to choose between A Northern Light and Geek Love! I loved them both so much. But I think Geek Love was very clearly my favorite book of this year, especially with its tie-ins to last year's favorite book of the year.

Shop My Favorites

2 comments:

  1. Nos. 1 & 8 are on my top ten list for the year, too. Coincidence? Of course not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do yours fall? Will you post a Top Ten on Read One, Knit Too?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...