Monday, May 21, 2012

New Tana French Due in July


Academic publishing has put me a bit out of touch with the publishing world. BEA and the viewing of upcoming book covers are a thing of the past for me. So it was by chance conversation only that I found out Tana French is releasing her next book in the "series" this July! I rarely go on author watch (with the exception of Rowling, of course), but there's something about Ms. French that keeps me eagerly awaiting her next book - and snatching them up on the day of their release!

Her latest book is called Broken Harbour and it follows Mick "Scorcher" Kennedy, the brash cop from Faithful Place. I'm a little worried about this one - my one and only gripe with Tana (which is more a compliment than anything else) is her ability to unabashedly stay true to each of her characters. That's why In the Woods was so hard for me to read - Rob Ryan was a doucher and Tana French made no excuses for his character, whatsoever. From what I remember of Faithful Place, I wasn't too fond of Scorcher. That either means we'll see a side of him that isn't biased by Frank Mackey, or Scorcher will just be an arrogant prick from start to finish. Whatever - I'll still read it. And the next one. And the next one. And the next one. 

It's due out July 24th, so reserve your copy now! Broken Harbor: A Novel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...