Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Countdown to Hunger Games!

I finished re-reading Hunger Games over the weekend, after I'd given it to Matt to read and then promptly, greedily, snatched it away for myself. What a great, great book. I'm sure I'm only one of millions who are anxiously awaiting this movie.

Here's a snippet from my original review:
I can't even remember the last time I devoured a book with such voracity. I finished in less than a day, choosing to spend the entirety of one evening reading instead of cleaning/cooking dinner/watching any sort of TV like I normally do after work. It was all cereal, ice cream and HUNGER GAMES. I had to force myself to go to sleep and save the last bit for the next morning. And then, it took everything in me to keep from flipping the book back to page one and starting all over again. That's how good it was. 
In other Hunger Games news - have you seen China Glaze's ad for their Colours of the Capitol campaign? It features the one and only, Effie Trinket! I'm posting it extra large so you can see her fabulous butterfly eyelashes.


Lastly, I'll leave you with my favorite someecards. It basically sums up my reaction anytime the trailer is played on TV - minus the goosebumps and the tears. I've already planned my movie viewing attire: black hoodie with the hood up to hide my puffy face + pockets full of tissues. 



1 comment:

  1. Funny, I just re-read this last night, 'cause why not? I really admired it. I'm excited for the film, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...