Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Seal of Karga Kul - Alex Irvine



Rating: 2 stars
Shelf: 2012 

Like any good D&D game, The Seal of Karga Kul was full of fun and imaginative energy. The poor writing and inability of the author to think outside the game is where this book seriously faltered. Instead of enriching the characters and the world beyond your typical tabletop game, Irvine stayed within the constraints of an RPG game. Even the battles lacked urgency as the characters "fall into battle formation" and take turns striking. I stuck with it only because I wanted to learn more about the nature of Dragonborn Paladins, as I play one in my second game. Biri-Daar, the heroic dragonborn paladin in Karga Kul certainly taught me what I needed to know about Niri, my own character. Mission accomplished, I suppose. 


Purchase Now from Amazon: The Seal of Karga Kul: A Dungeons & Dragons Novel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...