Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Low Red Moon - Ivy Devlin

Rating: 3 stars
Shelf: Now Reading

To start, the book was just another Twilight knock off. I don't think it would too difficult to come up with something other than: new boy/girl, new school, instant connection, one of them tries to stay away from the other because it's bad news bears for the other but they just can't stay away, etc. I'm tired of it. I feel like every other teen book I read starts this way. THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO START A NOVEL, PEOPLE!

Anyway, I think I'm famous for (in my own head) knocking a book before telling you how much I actually liked it. Because I actually liked it. As a murder mystery, it was much more than just another Twilight novel. Sure there was a werewolf and an instant connection, but the connection between Ben and Avery is an actual connection of thoughts and feelings that in turn helps them both to connect to the forest they love so much. And - another bonus - I never suspected a thing about the ending. Way to lead us down a thousand paths, Ivy Devlin. I commend you for it.

Purchase Now from Amazon: Low Red Moon (Low Red Moon (Quality))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...