Saturday, January 22, 2011

What I'm Reading Weekly Roundup

It's back! I think this was my post popular regular weekly feature, so this is what I'm bringing back. It also helped keep me on top of book news - which is a must. I'm hoping to bring back some other features and start some new ones, but little by little. Slow and steady.


In Blogs

A Wrinkle in Time in 90 Seconds Now I want to read the book again.
Game of Thrones Trailer omg, omg, omg, omg, omg!
An Incomplete Education That completely kicks ass. Including revisiting the Alot - an animal we all love a lot.
How to Build a Blog I don't know - there's some sort of Blog-fest. Or Blogfiesta. Or something like that. And everyone is fixing their blogs and writing tons of content for their blogs and making love to their blogs.
Everyone was doing it, until they weren't A great article about how all these blog people want quick recognition and then when they realize how much time needs to be put into a blog and how little reward there actually is - they quit. I've thought about quitting a few times. What am I doing this for? But then I realize - it keeps me writing. And I've made at least two random and amazing internet blogger friends because of this. And maybe I'll randomly make more?
A new Sherlock Holmes? Probably because the movie and the BBC series helped the estate realize how much more money they could be making?
The Amazon Alphabet A strange exercise, but ridiculous how well it displays today's reading/publishing trends. I'm tempted to do a Google Alphabet. (Ha! A is for Amazon! B is for Best Buy! Geez - if we're so consumer driven, what's the deal with this economy?)
Why do YOU blog? Again with the blogging theme, but as always - Marian raises some good points and gets some good feedback in the comments.
Death of another format? Pimp My Novel seems to think that e-books, while they might not necessarily spell the death of all "p-books" (god, how I hate that term!), the new digi-book (makin' up mah own) will mean death for certain formats. Large Print for one - and I agree with him. But I sort of think it's okay? I mean - I feel like Large Print books are sort of a waste to make.
Artwork I LOVE Done by a good friend. But seriously - I wish I didn't do co-editions because I'd sign him up to illustrate a picture book IMMEDIATELY!
2011 Notable Children's Books


In Books

Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
The Russian Debutante's Handbook - Gary Shteyngart


In The Pile
A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin
The Eye of the Dragon - Stephen King
Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
A Million Little Pieces - James Frey
The Yiddish Policeman's Union - Michael Chabon
On Writing - Stephen King
Into the Land of the Unicorns - Bruce Coville

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...