Saturday, February 19, 2011

What I'm Reading Weekly Roundup

In Blogs
This is going to be two weeks worth of shared blog stories, as I missed last week. Life is still proving hectic, but I'm trying to make the most of it!
Northern Light Ever since I finished reading this book, it's been popping up everywhere. Nonfiction Challenge I like to read a few nonfiction books each year. This seems like a bit too much for me, but interesting nonetheless.
The Anatomical Very Hungry Caterpillar
The Story of Medusa as told by T-Rex
RIP, Brian Jacques
How to WORK a Trade Show We just went to Toy Fair at the Javits Center and I completely forgot to bring business cards. FAIL.
Scott Westerfeld talks the LIST I know that this whole Bitch Magazine thing is old news, but I really liked this interview and I really like Scott Westerfeld.
Nancy Drew Cookbook
The Children's Hour I want to see!
Tim Probert's Etsy Shop now OPEN! He's going to be famous one day so get your hands on these prints ASAP.
Best Literary Pick Up Lines
World Read Aloud Day I'm guessing you have to read aloud to children for this to count. But I do really enjoy reading aloud to myself. In a fake accent. Shhh....
Ugh. A Twilight Room
Rope Bridge Bookshelf
Books for Birthdays Middle Grade birthdays, probably the hardest to buy for. Or to buy quality, attention grabbing books for boys and girls. This post is also favorited so I can refer back.
Bring a Book back from the DEAD I voted on the only book I know out of this year's bunch.
Don't start reading too young?
McSweeney's launches Children's Imprint Okay. I just don't get McSweeney's. I try to get it, but I just don't. What am I missing?
More Chelsea Handler? Didn't know they were making a TV show based off of Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.
Borders files for Bankruptcy
List of Borders Store Closings
Borders Bankruptcy for the laymen
75 more Borders stores closing than originally reported
Super Computers and Dave Eggers
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
The Fantasy World Map LOVE that Westeros is on here!

In Books


A Lion Among Men - Gregory Maguire (I'm not even halfway through and I HATE this. Anyone?)
The Yiddish Policeman's Union - Michael Chabon
Les Miserables - Victor Hugo


In The Pile

The Eye of the Dragon - Stephen King
Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
A Million Little Pieces - James Frey
On Writing - Stephen King
Into the Land of the Unicorns - Bruce Coville

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...