Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Top 10 Movie Adaptations

Brought to you by: The Broke & The Bookish


Boyfriend and I should probably do a similar theme for our Top Five on our movie blog. In no particular order:

1. Harry Potter (I love them all, but particularly The Order of the Phoenix )
2. Pride & Prejudice (sorry. I know y'all LOVE Colin Firth as Darcy, but the BBC version puts me to sleep. So this is the Keira Knightly version, which I LOVE)
3. Jane Eyre (The TV series where the little girl who played Lucy Pevensie plays young Jane Eyre)
4. The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe (ESPECIALLY because Jim Broadbent plays Professor Kirke)
5. The Golden Compass
6. Jurassic Park
7. Bridget Jones' Diary
8. Into the Wild
9. Princess Diaries (even though the books are way different and way better - I still love the movies for what they are)
10. Sense & Sensibility (I LOVE Alan Rickman as Colonel Brandon)

2 comments:

  1. I love Alan Rickman as Colonel Brandon too--such a different character from Snape. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jane Eyre version you cite is my favorite, too, though I didn't think to include it on my list. I eliminated all Jane Austen adaptations 'cause otherwise there wouldn't be room for much more. My list does have one HP movie, but it's not the same you pick, so basically my list has no overlap with yours. still, I like your choices. Mine are: http://asthecrowefliesandreads.blogspot.com/2011/02/top-ten-tuesdays-book-to-movie.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...