Saturday, February 5, 2011

What I'm Reading Weekly Roundup

In Blogs

Wintergirls Another, really good review. Mine, which is, you know, pretty good too, can be found here.
Borders. It's sad. I know I have a crazy loyalty to B&N, but I think competition is a healthy party of our economy.
100 Young Adult Books for the Feminist Reader This list caused so much backlash this week. See below...
Feminist Rant 1 Really good and new favorite blog.
Feminist Rant 2 A list to beat the list.
Feminist Rant 3 Where does censorship begin?
Children's Book FAIL 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 7
Doodles By Famous Authors Of course my favorites are Vonnegut's.
Cover Love a variety of teen/middle grade covers around the world. What's your fav?
More Cover Love this time The Millions takes a look at US covers versus the UK.
Bookshelf Envy I think I finally found a boy who will give me this some day. At the very least I know he knows how to mend roofs, so bookshelves shouldn't be too far behind?
Lies for Writing This reminds me of Melissa's Myths. Very interesting and all very true.
Don't ever interrupt me when I'm reading a book!


In Books

A Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin (a re-read before the show!)
Les Miserables - Victor Hugo


In The Pile

The Eye of the Dragon - Stephen King
Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
A Million Little Pieces - James Frey
The Yiddish Policeman's Union - Michael Chabon
On Writing - Stephen King
Into the Land of the Unicorns - Bruce Coville

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...