I decided I want to participate in this one. It's Top Ten literary characters/authors that you'd name your kids after. I'm going to include pets in this as well. Here's the skinny from her blog:
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!
1. Joe - I'm getting off really easy with this one. It's my brother's name and my grandpa's name. And I've always planned on naming my first son Joe. But, there'd also be a bit of Joe Kavalier from The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay in there too. And that's important.
2. Tyrion - I'd probably name a pet after Tyrion, it's too strange of a name for a child. But still, one of my favorite characters. It'd be after my boyfriend, Tyrion Lannister from the Song of Ice and Fire series.
3. Ernest - Along the same Hemingway lines as our Top Ten creator, the dude is my favorite author and I would certainly give his first name, or last name, as a middle name to a son.
4. Catelyn - I've gone all boys so far. It's hard for me to pick girls names. All of the characters I want to pick are just my favorite characters. Like, Lizzie Bennet or Charlotte Doyle or Hermione Granger. I don't really ever want to name a daughter Elizabeth or Charlotte or Hermione. Catelyn I like though. After Catelyn Stark, from the Song of Ice and Fire series.
5. Daenerys - again from Song of Ice and Fire. This name would need to go to a pet though. And most likely a cat. It's a great, fierce name. If only I could own a dragon.
6. Prim - from The Hunger Games. Either for a child or a pet. Though I think Primrose, as a middle name, could be really pretty.
7. Mathilda - aka Mattie from A Northern Light. I don't really like Mathilda, but I do really like Mattie. So this is an option.
8. Diggory - after Diggory Kirke (aka, Professor Kirke) from The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia). This would probably also go to a pet, but he'd need to be a real roly-poly dignified sort of fellow.
9. Sophie - a serious contender. After Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle. I've always wanted a Sophia just as I've always wanted a Joe. I think I can still name my daughter that, even though one of my best friend's just named her beautiful baby that?
10. Bella - just kidding. Total joke. I would never name my kid after Twilight.
For real - maybe Tana, after Tana French author of The Likeness and others. She doesn't even write the kind of fiction that I typically like, yet I love her. And her name is so unique and Irish. It'd add it to the list.