Saturday, July 17, 2010

What I'm Reading Weekly Roundup

In Blogs

Library Cards on Etsy
Amazing photo of Hemingway that made me realize I STILL haven't posted about visiting his house in Key West!
Hemingway loafers Want!
Another LOST thing that I want.
RIP Steinbrenner Listen. I'm from New York. Okay?
Who is your favorite fictional character? I'd have to say either Lizzie from Pride & Prejudice or Joe Kavalier from Kavalier & Clay.
Ten Rules for Writing from Janet Fitch. I'm not really a fan of hers, but the rules are solid.
Time to Check your :'s (no that's not supposed to be an emoticon)
Um, Sassy Gay Friend is the BEST I wish he was my sassy gay friend.
Which Dystopian Future is right for you? I was split down the middle between A and D. My eggs shall be harvested but I won't be an "I" about it.
Frances Bean Cobain's Art Click through to find her piece on my friend, Jim Jones.
10 Lady Writers for your summer reading list!
A New Blog and Posters of Writer's Homes
Allen Barra needs to STFU because To Kill a Mockingbird is the most awesome. (By the way, I totally learned about STFU on an episode of SVU last night. Amazing!)
HOWL trailer
Argentina goes GAY and I say weeeeee!
Ship found under the WTC, WTF?
Amazing Illustrations for The Green Mare Provocative and awesome.


In Books

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (started at the beach, but it's pretty slow so far)

Raven
- Tim Reiterman (I've been reading this for over a year now. I love it, but Jim Jones is such an evil person that I can only read it a bit at a time before I have to put it down.)

Valley of the Dolls - Jacqueline Susann (bedtime reading)

A.H.W.O.S.G. - Dave Eggers (I haven't been able to force myself to pick this up again)

Eternity to Here - Sean Carroll (More than halfway through, but want to finish Raven before I continue)



And, of course! I'm going to pick up Tana French's book this afternoon. I'll have it read before the weekend is out. Happy!

1 comment:

  1. Good list. I read Girl With Dragon Tat and found it OK but the second book was just too slow for me. Oh well...I'm rereading Rebecca and have plans to reread Watership Down. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...